Welcome to Georgia Access. Agents play a vital role in Georgia by helping residents access health insurance coverage that meets their needs.
SBE-FP Updates for OE 2024
Georgia will operate as a State-based Exchange on the Federal Platform (SBE-FP) for Open enrollment (OE) 2024. Under the SBE-FP for OE 2024, agents must adhere to the same certification requirements that apply currently for HealthCare.gov. For OE 2024, agents will not sell plans through Georgia Access and do not need to complete the Georgia Access Certification Training.
The updates below are relevant only to Accident & Sickness Licensed Agents who plan to sell on-exchange health or dental insurance plans to Georgia consumers for OE 2024.
- Agents will continue to enroll Georgia consumers in health coverage as they do currently and will not transition to a state-specific platform for enrollment.
- Agents are required to maintain or obtain active Accident and Sickness Licensure in Georgia.
- Agents are required to complete the CMS Marketplace Training through one of the links below:
- Agents are not required to complete the Georgia Access Agent Certification at this time, but can choose to do so to prepare for plan year 2025.
- Agents who complete or have completed the Georgia Access Agent Certification Training will be able to roll over their certification to plan year 2025.
- Agents who complete or have completed the Georgia Access Agent Certification Training will receive 3 Continuing Education credits towards their licensure.
SBE Updates for OE 2025
The State received conditional approval from CMS to operate a full SBE for OE 2025 and plans to transition to an SBE next year. Please check this page for relevant updates regarding Georgia Access and agent requirements for OE 2025.
- Email Agents@GeorgiaAccess.ga.gov with questions about Georgia Access.
- Visit https://oci.georgia.gov/agents-agency-licensing for information on Georgia licensing requirements and the application process.
- Visit www.Sircon.com/Georgia to apply for a license, check the status of a license or application, and update contact information.
- Email the FFE Agent/Broker Help Desk at FFMProducer-AssisterHelpDesk@cms.hhs.gov.
- Email the FFE Agent/Broker Training & Registration Help Desk at MLMSHelpDesk@cms.hhs.gov.
- Contact the FFE Call Center at 1-855-788-6275.